Thursday 10 November 2016

The Ancient DJ


Think I'm alluding to Jimmy Savile? Or the oldest swinger in town?

Try again.

Timothy Belmont alludes to the venerable old dinner jacket, a mere 83 years old.

It's priceless, to me at least. Everything has a price, I suppose.

I wouldn't accept a thousand pounds for my old dinner jacket; nor two thousand pounds.

The eager bidder would be required to pitch considerably higher. It's not for sale anyway.

It was made in August, 1933, consisting of heavy flannel or Barathea wool, with one button fastening at the front; ventless at the back.


It boasts a very wide, ribbed silk lapel and has four, functional buttons on each sleeve; one inside pocket and two outside pockets.

First published in June, 2008.

1 comment :

mycogoddess said...

I am sure you looked dashing and put the rest to shame...vintage apparel is always perfect and had I been there I would have worn my vintage Chanel...blessings to the eccentrics!